If you are a UBC graduate student and would like to compete in 3MT @UBC 2017, please contact us.
Download the PowerPoint template and follow the instructions to prepare the slide for your presentation.
Resources for Participants:
- Attend Strategies for Presenting your Thesis in 3 Minutes. Can’t make it? Contact us for a recording.
- Simon Clews (University of Melbourne) has prepared a helpful guideline for Making the Most of Your Three Minutes
- Jackie Amsden (Simon Fraser University) discusses how narrative frameworks can help grad students effectively tell their research story
- Matt Abrahams (Stanford University) provides Tips and Techniques for More Confident and Compelling Presentations
- Anett Grant (Executive Speaking) addresses Six Pieces of Bad Speaking Advice That Just Won’t Die
- Inger Mewburn (RMIT University) developed How to Talk About Your Thesis in 3 Minutes
- Ontario Consortium for Graduate Professional Skills posted 6 Components of Successful 3MT Speeches (video)
- Universitas 21 posted the winning presentations for their 2016 international 3MT competition
- See over a thousand 3MT presentations on 99scholars.net